Resumption of weekly running sessions in Preston Park from Saturday 27th June
Dear Fellow Runners
As you will know, we have now restarted our weekly running sessions and from next Saturday 27th of June, we will recommence our sessions in Preston Park by our usual bench near the Clock Tower meeting at 10am ( and no longer in Vardean College grounds where we have been meeting over the last few weeks) As before, if more than 6 runners turn up, then we spilt into 2 groups in order to comply with the guidelines. It is still obviously important that we all protect ourselves as much as possible so we would ask you to:
1: Avoid participating if you have had any symptoms of Covid19 during the previous 14 days prior to a session
2: Be mindful of keeping a 2 metre distance from fellow runners during the session (this is set to change down to 1 metre distancing soon).
3.Carefully consider your own household arrangements and the need to protect anyone in it who may be 'shielding' from social contacts
As the 'Chalet Cafe' in Preston park remains closed, some of you might wish to bring a flask of tea, coffee or cold beverage for after the session- we can all sit at a distance in near our bench and catch up with news!
Looking forward to seeing you soon
Coronavirus (COVID-19) related precautions for Running Group participants (updated 17.3.20)
Hello fellow runners
The coronavirus (COVID-19) situation is moving very fast and presenting us all with new challenges. For the time being, please follow these guidelines to ensure you keep yourself and your fellow runners safe.
- If you are feeling unwell (even if you don't think it's the virus), please do not come to our Saturday morning sessions in Preston Park. Stay at home until you're feeling better
- We need to maintain accurate records of attendance in case a member tests positive for the virus and we need to get in touch with those who were at the same session. If you're late, please make sure the running convenor for that day has recorded your presence.
- Follow the Public Health England (PHE) guidelines about hygiene control (https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance)
- If you’re planning to travel, or returning from a high risk region please follow government’s advice.
- If you do test positive for the virus please let us know so other runners can be advised to take necessary precaution
For the moment we intend to continue our Saturday morning sessions but we would ask all participants to agree and follow to the following rules:
- Avoid standing,walking or running less than 6 feet apart from each other- (circuit activities involving close proximity (e.g. ‘riders and horses) will be be avoided for the time being)
- After our run bring all purchases (drinks or snacks) purchased from the Preston Park Cafe outside to consume or alternatively bring an ‘after run’ snack/ flask of coffee etc. i.e. avoid congregating inside the cafe
If there are any changes in PHE guidelines and how these impact upon our activities, this notice will be updated. Hopefully we can continue our session for the coming weeks if we adhere to these guidelines and doing this will help us all to stay sane!!
How We Run
Varied running and circuit training session to suit all abilities followed by coffee & cake.
Where We Run
SATURDAY MORNINGS 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Meet by the clock tower in Preston Park. Please arrive a few minutes early to be ready to run at 10:00 AM There are no changing facilities but someone will usually have a car for valuables if you do bring them.
What It Costs
There is no charge to participate. However participants must be BLAGSS members.
If you are a BLAGSS member, please log in to register your interest in the next session, if required.
If you are not a member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.