Our @blagss.org email addresses are gmail accounts. You can access them through the gmail website, an email application or by forwarding all mail to one or more other addresses.
The first time you use your account it is best to use the gmail website. This will allow Google to ask you any questions they need to set up your account.
How to access using the gmail website.
Visit mail.google.com and login using your full BLAGSS email address (including @blagss.org).
How to access using your email application, phone or tablet.
If there are multiple people sharing the address choose the IMAP option so everyone receives all emails. You may find new emails are already marked as read if another coordinator has seen them first.
How to forward emails to another address.
Login to the gmail website as above. Click the cog icon in the top right of the window and choose settings. Go to the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab. Click the "Add a forwarding address" button and follow the instructions.
When you sign in on a new computer, Google may need to confirm your identity by sending you a text message or email. You will need to tell Google your phone number and email address so it can do this. If two people share the same BLAGSS email address, then put in the phone number for one person, and the email address for the other.
To set your recovery information
- Login using the gmail website, mail.google.com.
- Click the round icon in the top right corner of the page.
- A panel should pop up showing your BLAGSS email address. Click "Manage your Google Account".
- On the left, choose "Security".
- Look for the "Ways that we can verify that it's you" section. You can add your phone and/or email address here.