Socially Distanced Badminton
********Badminton is currently suspended ******
We hope to re-start our socially distanced badminton as soon as we can. Watch this space.
Socially Distanced Badminton
There are two groups of six. Group A (7-9pm) and Group B (7.10-9.10) 2 Volunteers head up each group. The groups arrive and leave separately, do not mix and set up and put away their own equipment
Reservations are mandatory via an online booking form on the BLAGGS website and its first come first serve with a reserve list. Payment by BACS only.
For more detailed information on the new Covid rules please see the article below.
TBC - Badminton Booking Sunday 28th February 2021 7pm-9pm - Group A
Sue is heading this group
TBC - Badminton Booking Sunday 28th February 2021 7.10pm-9.10pm - Group B
Clive is heading this Group
Where We Play
We usually play at Brighton and Hove High School for Girls, Temple Gardens, BN1 3AT. The sports hall is the modern grey building accessed through the gates that look like a butterfly, near Montpelier Road.Timing to be announced when badminton resumes
COVID -19 Measures
These are the current COVID-19 measures in place for Badminton
- We are able to play both singles and doubles badminton providing 2 metre rule is followed as much as possible,
- We can only play on two courts with the middle court providing extra distancing. We are required to play in two separate bubbles of six. The maximum number is therefore 12.
- Each group to arrive and leave separately, to set up separately and not to mix.
- Pre-booking is required via our Booking system or email email@example.com.
- Payment of £6.50 by BACS only.
- Do not attend badminton if you have COVID symptons. If you are not sure please click here
- Please bring your own sanitising gel for use during the session
- Stay at least two metres away from other players as far as possible WHEN TAKING BREAKS BEFORE & AFTER PLAY
- Do not make physical contact with other players ( such as shaking hands or high fiving). At the end of a match feel free to gently touch racquets instead.
- Do not chase the shuttlecock on another court if other players are playing on the court
- For doubles, agree in advance which player will take the shot if a shuttle travels to the centre of the court. Usually its the player who can use their forehand but if playing with a left hander decide who.
- We keep an attendance record for Track and Trace.
- Wipe down equipment after use including shuttlecocks between each game
- All players must come into the building in their sports kit. The showers will not be available for use.
- For more general guidance please see the Sport England website
The committee will review these rules and procedures in the coming week to decide if we need to consider anything else.
Badminton Whatsapp Groups Information
We have two Whatsapp Groups for easier communication between our regular members. We have our Official Badminton Whatsapp Group and a Social Badminton Whatsapp Group. If you would like to join either group please contact Clive on 07875288635 or email firstname.lastname@example.org