BLAGSS is a sports and social group that now has around 400 lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender members from across Brighton and Hove, Sussex and beyond.
Our aim is to encourage LGBT people to play sport. It's as simple as that. Sport is so important because health and fitness is such a vital part of our lives.
Our members are all different shapes, sizes, ages and abilities, and participate in sports as varied as badminton, tennis, squash, golf, table tennis, running, tenpin bowling, football and cycling (and many, many more).
There's also a fantastic social side to BLAGSS. There are over 700 sporting and social meetings every year. Have some fun playing sport and then have a good old chat about it in the pub afterwards.
BLAGSS is a great way to meet people, keep fit, and have fun.
You can also try BLAGSS for free! Come along to your sport of choice with a FREE 1-day membership (court fees may apply). Just go to the relevant sport page on this site and message the organiser.
- continue to play your chosen sport/s within BLAGSS
- be insured for your chosen sport against any public liability claim
- attend social events organised by BLAGSS throughout the year
- benefit from grants awarded by BLAGSS for equipment, coaching and development
- try any of the 15 sports and one off events that BLAGSS provides
- get discounts at local retail partners
It’s a beautiful day for a walk !!
The Blagss Walking Group is a friendly mixed group of men and women.
"After a day's walk everything has twice its usual value". G. M. Trevelyan
We have a regular programme of local walks together with weekends away. Our current programme includes: -
- a short relaxing ramble after lunch on the 3rd Saturday of the month
- a longer walk (from 8-15 miles) on the 1st Sunday of the month, often followed by a pub lunch
- evening walks on the 2nd and 4th Fridaysfrom May to September
See our Walking page for full details and come and join us
Blagss gets its dancing shoes on!!
Cheek2Cheek have been a social dance club for the LGBT community In Brighton since 1998. Now they join the Blagss family to provide a relaxed and friendly environment in which people can meet and dance together.
With a fully qualified instructor, beginners and more advanced dancers can enjoy many Ballroom and Latin dances. From Quickstep, Waltz, Social Foxtrot, Jive and Tango through to Bossa Nova, Rumba, Cha Cha Cha and Samba.
Come along to Blagss Cheek2Cheek and learn something new, meet friends and have fun!
Croquet moves to Monday !!
Blagss Croquet sessions run fortnightly on Mondays from 6.15pm - 8.15pm. It’s an exciting and tactical game! Coaching will be available to help and to explain the rules. Each session will be limited to a maximum of 12 people at a cost of £6 per session. Sign up now.
The sessions are held at the Preston Park Lawn Croquet Club, Preston Drove, BN1 6LA. All equipment will be provided by the club, just be sure to wear training shoes.