Under the Data Protection Act BLAGSS will use your personal information included on the membership form or submitted electronically as follows:
- Your data will be held in the BLAGSS database both in the private directory of our webserver, and backed up on a personal computer belonging to a committee member. Whilst every effort is taken to keep personal details secure, BLAGSS cannot be held responsible for any breaches of privacy of such information.
- Your data will never knowingly be revealed to non-members unless we are legally required to, for example by a court order.
- Your personal information will be used exclusively for the purposes of contacting members (by post, email or telephone) with relevant information about the organisation and for helping members get together to share their sporting interests.
- Your name, email address, telephone number, post town and sports interests will be published on the BLAGSS website so that other members can contact you. This information will NOT be visible to the public. You may opt out of this listing, but if you do, your details will still be available to sports co- ordinators and committee members for use as in paragraph 3.
- We may take photographs or video films at events. You may be identifiable in these. We may use these on the website or in promotional displays, adverts etc., so long as they are not indecent, defamatory, or misleading. Your name will not be included in any such publicity without your permission.
All the above statements do not replace the rules and constitution dated 13/4/1999, a copy of which is available on request.
Use of IP Addresses: An Internet protocol or IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer or network when you are on the Internet. When you request pages from this BLAGSS Site, our server may log your IP address. BLAGSS will use collected IP addresses only for system administration e.g. identifying cause of problems.